Skin-Prep Protective Dressing Wipes are a liquid-forming dressing used to prepare skin attachment sites for drainage tubes, external catheters, surrounding ostomy sites and adhesive dressings. Upon application to intact skin, the dressing forms a protective film to help reduce friction during removal of tapes and films. The Skin-Prep is perfect for patients who may be allergic or react badly to adhesives, as well as protecting the skin from chaffing or irritation during removal of tape or film.
Skin-Prep Protective Dressing Wipes are easy to apply and long-lasting, even on awkward areas like elbows, knees, and heels, with the dressing being flexible enough to naturally move with the skin to withstand cracking and peeling. The Skin-Prep Wipes are also easy to remove with use of soap and water or skin cleanser, while also being strong enough to withstand showering.
Vitality Medical also carries other Barrier Ointments & Creams, such as Calmoseptine Ointment and the ever-classic Vaseline Petroleum Jelly.
Skin Prep Protective Dressing Wipes Features and Benefits:
- Helps Tape and Film Adhesion.
- Fast-Acting and Easy-to-Use.
- Perfect For Drainage Tubes, External Catheters, Surrounding Ostomy Sites, and Other Adhesive Dressings.
- Easy-to-Remove Using Skin Cleanser or Soap and Water.
- Moves Naturally With Skin to Avoid Cracking and Peeling.
- Allows Skin to “Breathe” to Enable Tapes and Films to Adhere Better.
- May Increase Intervals Between Dressing Changes.
- Pediatrician Tested.
- Provides a Protective Interface That May Reduce Friction During the Removal of Tape.
- May Reduce Irritation Caused By Body Wastes and Stoma Fluid.
Skin Prep Protective Dressing Specifications:
- Product Number: 420400, 420200
- Manufacturer: Smith & Nephew
- For External Use Only