Portex Thermovent® T – Heat and Moisture Exchanger (HME) provides humidification for naturally breathing or ventilated patients whose upper airways are bypassed by a tracheostomy tube. The exchanger easily accommodates the Portex Thermovent 02 and has full compatibility with breathing systems. Its lightweight, low profile design minimizes drag on the tracheostomy tube. The exchanger keeps the trach moist by capturing heat and moisture on expiration and returns it to the patient in inspiration. This efficiency reduces the risk of tube blockage from encrustations by preventing thickened secretions.
Thermovent T- Heat and Moisture Exchanger can only be used for 24 hours but can be changed out as often as needed. Contamination is easily detected with the clear housing. The simple opening port provides quick and easy access for a suction catheter to eliminate secretions.
Features and Benefits:
- Full Compatibility with Breathing Systems
- Convenient Oxygen Delivery
- Low Profile Design
- Maximum Comfort
- High Performance
- Minimizes Drag on the Tracheostomy Tube
- Transparent to Detect Contamination
- High Performance, Double Paper Element
- Manufacturer: Smiths Medical
- Product Number: 570016
- Easily Accommodates Thermovent 02 (100/575)
- Connection: 15 mm ID Raised Fenestration on Patient End
- Moisture Output: 25 mg H2O/L at 34°C for 1000 mL Tidal Volume
- Resistance to Flow: 2.0 cm H2O at 60 LPM
- Media: Corrugated Paper Element
- Weight: .18 oz
- Exchanger to be Used Maximum of 24 Hours
- Do Not Add Moisture to the Filter Elements
There are no reviews yet.